Client: Cook County Highway Department
Location: Orland Park, IL
Year Completed: Spring 2007
Contract Value: $6,500,000
John Burns Construction Company completed the construction of a 20,000 square foot LEED certified Vehicle Storage Building for the Cook County Highway Department.
- Construction of a 20,000 SF Pre-Engineered Vehicle Storage Building with structural framing, prefinished roofing and siding, sectional overhead doors, sprinkler system, Co-Ray-Vac infrared heating system, and multiple wash bay areas.
- Phased renovations to (3) existing buildings which included 43,000 SF of roof replacement, HVAC rooftop unit replacement, sectional overhead doors, mass tuck-pointing, office build outs, new break room, clean agent fire protection system, back-up generator system and an automotive center.
- Construction of Material Storage Bins with a 3,000 SF roof which allowed for the outside storage of weather sensitive materials.
- Site improvements included pcc paving, asphalt paving and the removal and replacement of all site watermain, storm and sanitary sewers.
- Installed a Chain Paddle Conveyor System to Cook County’s salt storage dome which allowed the County to maximize salt storage capacity.
- All construction activities were phased and coordinated with Cook County personnel to maximize production without disrupting the normal course of activities at the Cook County Highway Department.