Closed Circuit TV Installation
John Burns Construction Company integrated and installed 11 Closed Circuit Television Cameras on ISHTA communication towers.
• Integrated and Installed 11 Closed Circuit Television Cameras on ISHTA communication towers. These communication towers varied from 80 to 250 linear feet in height and were primarily accessible by climbing.
• Integrated and Installed 29 firetide wireless cameras across 40 miles of public tollway roadway.
• Integrated and Installed 34 Solar Powered remote traffic microwave systems over 45 miles of public tollway roadway.
• Installed 8 miles of outside plant infrastructure to allow independent powers feed for each wireless node.
• Upgraded and installed software to allow for new system parameters to function with the existing ISHTA Traffic Information Management Center at ISHTA headquarters in Downers Grove.
• Completed structural analysis of existing communications to ensure that existing towers could maintain proper weight and wind loading.
• All project integration was coordinated by JBCC to allow for access between 12 existing mainline roadway contracts without impact to adjacent project schedules.
• Project was successfully completed 1 year ahead of schedule to allow customer to access traffic monitoring systems, closed circuit television cameras, and wireless cameras during other phased construction operations.
• John Burns Construction maintained a zero incident rate during the lifecycle of this project.