Dallas Waste Water
John Burns Construction Company replaced the water and waste water mains throughout the City of Dallas.
• This contract is to replace water and waste water mains throughout the City of Dallas.
• Included in this project is the installation of a 54” sewer trunk main in Turtle Creek Blvd. Centrifugally cast fiberglass pipe was installed to provide additional capacity and alleviate surcharges during wet weather in Dallas and Highland Park.
• The owner elected to substitute a 10 foot diameter polymer manhole at the junction of the existing and new pipe as well as rehabilitate the existing downstream pipe using cured in place liner.
• This unique installation required installing the new pipe, transferring flow from existing to new, then rehabilitating the existing pipe and lastly installing the new polymer manhole over the existing incoming, new outgoing and existing outgoing line which remains in service as an overflow outlet.
• Complicating the installation was an existing traffic signal which could not be removed for the installation.