Hurstview Electrical Crossing
John Burns Construction Company relocated existing overhead electrical service to the underground as a subcontractor to Bluebonnet Contractors.
• This forced relocation was due to the SH 183 redevelopment for the addition of toll lanes.
• The project consisted of relocating the existing overhead electrical service underground with an 8E6 package.
• The first challenge for this project was boring 36” steel casing from a pit located in the depressed roadway and boring each direction from a single bore pit, north and south.
• The second challenge was installing a vertical casing (72”) for each electrical manhole on each side of the highway, approximately 38’ each.
• This work was complicated and took many hours with John Burns staff going over the details and strategy to complete this project on time and safely.