Joliet Regional Multimodal Transportation Center
John Burns Construction Company completes the construction of a train platform, a new storm sewer system and renovated existing Metra bridges for the City of Joliet’s Multimodal Transportation Center.
• Construction of a new 700 LF train platform with two elevated structural steel warming shelters on each end. The platform sits on a foundation of 30 foot long drilled solider piles.
• Steel sheet piling is used as a temporary soil retention system in order to build the warming shelters next to the railroad tracks.
• Construction of a new storm sewer system for the City of Joliet as well as reconstructing drainage structures with new frames and grates.
• This project includes the rehabilitation of two Metra Rock Island District bridges as well. The work on these two bridges consists of the following:• Removal of existing ballast and waterproofing • Removal of deteriorated structural steel members • Repair and Installation of new structural steel • Cleaning and painting of steel elements • Installation of new waterproofing on steel decking
• John Burns Construction self-performed all excavation, demolition, storm sewer and concrete work.