Metra 35th Commuter Rail Stop
John Burns Construction Company constructed the 35th Street Metra Commuter Rail Stop in October 2010. This was a Federal Stimulus Project to bring commuters to US Cellular Field and IIT Campus.
• Installation of a micro-pile and concrete footing system.
• Construction of a system of concrete ramps and stairs to an elevated platform.
• Installation of a snow melt system within the concrete stairs and ramps.
• Excavation of approximately 8000 cubic yards of material.
• Construction of Stainless Steel Windbreaks.