Location: Chicago, Illinois
Surface Area: 450,000 m2
Year Completed: 2010
Contract Value: $8,800,000
John Burns Construction Company constructed the 35th Street Metra Commuter Rail Stop in October 2010. This was a Federal Stimulus Project to bring commuters to US Cellular Field and IIT Campus.
- Installation of a micro-pile and concrete footing system.
- Construction of a system of concrete ramps and stairs to an elevated platform.
- Installation of a snow melt system within the concrete stairs and ramps.
- Excavation of approximately 8000 cubic yards of material.
- Construction of Stainless Steel Windbreaks.