Metra – Cicero Station
John Burns Construction Company, General Contractor, completes the re-building of the Cicero Metra Station (Illinois) in April 2013, valued at $4,144,000.
• Remove and replace 1600’ of asphalt & timber platform.
• Responsible for approximately 500’ H-Pile and timber lagging earth retention between two live rails for demo and replacement of new concrete tunnel to street level.
• Construction of 250’ structural steel canopy and head house at new concrete tunnel.
• Construction of new 700 square foot depot.
• Construction of approximately 42,000 square foot parking lot with all associated storm drainage, including an underground concrete storm water retention structure.
• Installation of new site-work; sidewalk, stairs, curb and gutter.
• Installation of new platform lighting, parking lot lighting, canopy and depot lighting.
• Installation of CCTV security system.
• JBCCO self-performed all site work excavation, demo of existing concrete tunnel/ramp and platform, construction of new asphalt platform, construction of new depot and concrete ramp/tunnel.