Client: The Illinois State Toll Highway Authority
Location: Alsip, IL
Year Completed: 2018
John Burns Construction Company replaced the water and waste water mains throughout the City of Dallas.
- Construction of a new 37,000 sf prototype structure including demolition of an existing salt
dome and concrete garage.
- This project consists of approximately 3,600 cubic yards of concrete and is designed to hold
over 9,000 tons of salt.
- This a fast-track project with an overall duration of four months from start of mobilization to
completion of the punchlist.
- John Burn Construction self-performed all demolition, excavation, sanitary and storm sewer,
carpentry, and epoxy sealing work.
- Despite multiple design changes and an unusual number of adverse weather days, the project
was completed on time and well under budget.