Location: Chicago, Illinois
Year Completed: 2008
John Burns Construction Company renovated South Shore Metra Stations including 75th, 79th, 87th, 83rd, 71st /Stony, 71st/Bryn Mawr Stations in 2008 for a contract value of $7,250,000.
- Consisted of demolishing existing platforms and warming shelters in phases; allowing both stations to be utilized by Metra and their commuters.
- Scope of work included excavation and installation of concrete footings and foundations for the masonry warming shelters and structural steel platforms and canopies.
- Both locations required construction of elevated center islands consisting of structural steel framework and placement of Armor Deck Platform panels. Structural steel canopies with standing seam metal roofs covered the platforms.
- Installation of platform lighting, interior heating & lighting, and storm sewer was required at all locations.
- Construction of ADA compliant ramps, sidewalks, and stairs; as well as construction of new curb and gutter and asphalt paved roads was required at all locations.