Client: James McHugh Construction joint venture with Araiza Corporation
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Year Completed: 2012
John Burns Construction Company completed the installation of new traffic signal equipment, cameras and new architectural lighting along Upper Wacker Drive.
- JBCC completed the installation of new traffic signal equipment at all seven intersections along Upper Wacker from Randolph to Van Buren.
- Installed new traffic equipment at Van Buren & Wells to add a contra flow right turn lane from Van Buren to Wells.
- Installed new traffic equipment at Wells & Harrison along with Harrison & Wacker/Franklin to coincide with the congress interchange opening.
- JBCC also installed all new architectural lighting along Upper Wacker Drive to match the lighting which was previously installed on the East/West section of Upper Wacker Drive.
- Due to the new lane configuration and clearer separation of the service lanes from the through lanes, JBCC installed new traffic signals at Lower Wacker & Adams, 20 S Lower Wacker Drive, Lower Wacker & the Monroe on Ramp, and 155 N Lower Wacker Drive.
- JBCC was required to cut loops into the pavement for vehicle sensing on all of the intersections on Lower Wacker Drive and installed cameras for sensing on all of the intersections along Upper Wacker Drive.