Client: F.H. Paschen Construction
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Year Completed: 2013
Contract Value: $5,000,000
John Burns Construction Company completed the electrical installation along Congress Parkway in Chicago, Illinois in 2013. The project included the modernization of traffic signal intersections and installation of decorative lights that is a fully programmable LED lighting system complete with over 600 LED fixtures.
- JBCC recently completed the electrical installation along Congress Parkway from Wells Street to Michigan Avenue.
- This was a very unique project that included the modernization of eight (8) Traffic Signal intersections and the installation of new decorative roadway lighting poles along Congress Parkway.
- The highlight of the project is a fully programmable LED lighting system complete with over 600 LED fixtures.
- Three different types of programmable architectural LED lighting fixtures were installed at various locations along the ½ mile stretch of Congress Parkway that leads from the Eisenhower Expressway into the heart of the loop.
- Sixteen foot tall cylindrical decorative LED bollards were installed in the parkway median planters along the entire stretch of Congress Parkway. Each bollard consists of four sections of color changing LED tubes that has unlimited design effects.
- The system includes over 100 LED fixtures that wash the wall under the Chicago Board of Trade.
- This one of a kind LED lighting system can produce over 16 million different color combinations and includes different seasonal, holiday and special event programs.